Resort Municipality Election - August 8, 2022
Who is entitled to vote?
• Canadian citizen who is at least 18 years of age on election day
• Resided in Province for at least 6 months immediately prior to election day
• Is ordinarily resident (as defined in Elections Act) in the municipality
All non-resident property electors (people or corporations) who own land in the municipality) who:
• Are Canadian citizens who are at least 18 years of age on election day; or
• Are authorized to vote on behalf of a non-resident corporation or incorporated co-operative association
Who can be a candidate?
• Same as other municipalities, plus
• A non-resident property elector who is a resident of Prince Edward Island
• An individual who has at least 25% ownership in a non-resident corporation or incorporated co-operative association who is also a Canadian Citizen at least 18 years of age and has lived in Province at least 6 months immediately preceding election day
Which Forms apply to the Resort Municipality?
Unless otherwise stated in the Act, the forms listed in the previous sections must be used in the Resort Municipality. The following two forms are unique to the Resort Municipality because of their elector qualifications outlined in the Municipal Government Act.
Non-Resident Property Electors
All non-resident property electors must complete the Declaration for a Non-Resident Property Elector at the polling location.
A person who is authorized to vote on behalf of a non-resident property elector that is a corporation or incorporated cooperative association must complete the Statutory Declaration above and provide proof of their entitlement to vote on behalf of the corporation or co-operative association.
Residence and Eligibility
An elector will be required to complete a Declaration of Residency and Eligibility - Resort Municipality if their name is not on the official list of electors or their eligibility is challenged.
|Resort Municipality||Election Dates|
|Notice of Nominations Print Ad||8-Jul-22|
|Election Office Open||by 12-Jul-22|
|Map of boundaries of each polling division||15-Jul-22|
|Close of Nominations||22-Jul-22|
|Print ad posted for extended nominations||25-Jul-22|
|Deadline to correct voter information||26-Jul-22|
|Print Notice of Election information/List shared||27-Jul-22|
|Extended Nomination Day close||29-Jul-22|
|Verification of Results||10-Aug-22|
|Deadline to request recount||12-Aug-22|
|MEO recount deadline||15-Aug-22|
|Deadline to request judicial review||17-Aug-22|
|Deadline Judicial review/Declaration Day||22-Aug-22|
|Swearing in of New Council||September 1-7, 2022|